- Just because Natsu invited her to the guild, does not mean he’s absolutely infatuated with her.
- Lisanna and Natsu, when they were children, they were very close, they even hatched Happy together.
- Just because the manga and anime hint at it, doesn’t mean it’s a good pairing at ALL.
My Counter- Arguments to your “reasons”
1. I agree, Natsu inviting her to the guild doesn’t mean he loves her. BUT Cana telling Lucy that they day they met was her “fated encounter” does put a little more weight on the subject.
2. Yes, Lisana and Natsu were very close and Lisana obviously has some sort of feelings towards Natsu, yet since she has returned, nothing other than comedy has come from their relationship.
3. "Just because the manga and anime hint at it, doesn’t mean it’s a good pairing at ALL" ….. are you freaking kidding me? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A PAIRING?! I’D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW! I’m not even touching that one, it’s just plain stupid.
4. Yes, Natsu loves everyone in the guild and would protect them with his life. However, the trust they have in each other is undeniable. He has saved her countless times and she returns the favor. Yes, he does this with other characters, he is the HERO, yet there is more emotion with her. Why do you think it keeps the fans interested if it wasn’t good?
5. If you’re going to argue that Natsu would do the same for his other guild mates as he does for Lucy, then you can’t say that Lucy wouldn’t do the same for her other keys as she did for Loke/Leo. You are contradictory. Also, I distinctly remember Lucy TURNING DOWN all of Loke/Leo’s flirtatious attempts. Also he flirts with everyone.
6. Who the hell cares if they’re opposite? They BALANCE each other out. I’m in a long-term relationship and let me tell you, poking fun and being best friends is the FOUNDATION of the whole damn thing! If you can’t have fun with the person you’re with, then there isn’t much reason to be with them, is there?
7. Rather than give us the above, bullshit reasons why NaLu isn’t a good pairing, (half of which are reasons why other ships are good pairings, NOT why NaLu isn’t) why not give us legit reasons why you think they “don’t fit”?
8. Loke admits his love for Lucy. Does she admit back? No.
9. Yes, Natsu saved Erza, but their relationship is more like brother-sister. She taught him how to read and they bathed together, but about 90% of the time, Natsu is terrified by her. With Lucy on the other hand, not only does Natsu save her, but he also feels comfortable around her. He asked her to be his partner. He regularly breaks into her house and sleeps in her bed. They actually enjoy each others company. For example, during the festival with the rainbow cherry blossoms, Natsu couldn’t even have a good time because Lucy was too sick to go, and then he RIPPED A TREE OUT OF THE GROUND she she would get a chance to see it.
10. You don’t like it? Good. Great for you, BUT NO ONE ASKED
GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR TAG